Hilo is the largest city on the Big Island of Hawaii. It is also the closest urban area to the mainland United States that has an international airport. Besides being a naturally luscious green oasis for organic produce farmers and adventurers, the city of Hilo is also home to a lively bay town and the campus of the University of Hawaii, Hilo.
- Hilo soil is the official state soil of Hawaii and considered prime agricultural land.
- There are a high number of ranches around the town where local farmers contribute to the huge industry of tropical flowers and fruits.
- The famous Farmers Market is a twice-weekly outdoor market and has over 200 local farmers and craftsmen selling artisanal products.
- Hilo is also home to the Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut Corporation, one of the world’s leading producers of macadamia nuts.
- Hilo is known for its wonderful climate, and clean, organic, easy and natural lifestyle. It is the perfect place to spend retirement years, or to invest in a property to easily rent it out.
Despite the small-town atmosphere, Hilo does not lack convenience. It sports a major airport, several hospitals and two major shopping areas. With its large and growing population, Hilo is a dynamic island capital. Once a sugar-producing hub, Hilo’s downtown is lined with old wooden store fronts and unique early 1900s architecture.
- Compared to the other cities on the Big Island, Hilo’s average home price is still affordable. Costs for maintaining properties are also very convenient compared to those of a big city.
- Hilo is the county seat of the County of Hawaiʻi. The highest accounted government employers of the County are located in Hilo. These offices are the Federal Government Center and State Government Center.
- In the southeast of downtown Hilo, on Banyan Drive, lies the gorgeous Liliʻuokalani Park and Gardens, the 120,000 m2 area features ponds and peaceful Japanese gardens.
Hilo is a prime destination for both professional and amateur astronomers. The University of Hawaii at Hilo operates two observatories on the 14,000ft on the Mona Kea volcano, and the large Imiloa Astronomy Center.
- There are a lot of spots around Hilo where it is inevitable to appreciate the beauty of the nature. The famous Rainbow Falls is perhaps the most stunning of all the nature activities of Hilo.
Rainbow Falls – Hilo, HI
Hilo welcomes you. Say Hello, to Hilo.
Puainako Heights Land Investment, LLC © 2019